Six Degrees – January Catch Up
In this month’s catch up we have vintage Steve Carell, wedding advice from Meredith Scardino, interviews with, J.R. Havlan, David Javerbaum, Neil deGrasse Tyson and Steve Carell, John Oliver details his new HBO show, Tim Carvell has a new book on the way, Jessica Williams and Wyatt Cenac discover their roots, and Matt Lappin has written a new song.
The Colbert Report
- Together with his brother Luke, Matt Lappin and has written the song ‘Radiated’, for the band ‘Delano Grove’.
- Meredith Scardino gives ‘Glamour Magazine’ her top five tips for giving an amazing wedding toast.
The Daily Show
- Jessica Williams talks to ‘Mother Jones’ about race, her career in comedy, and her role in ‘Girls’ on HBO.
- Jessica Williams and Wyatt Cenac discover their African ancestry on the latest installment of ‘The Roots Of …’ series.
- John Hodgman will star in an upcoming episode of ‘Parks and Recreation’.
- John Oliver talks to ‘USA Today’ and ‘The Hollywood Reporter’ about his upcoming HBO series which will air Sunday nights, and is set to debut around April.
- J.R. Havlan was recently a guest on ‘Employee of the Month’, where he ‘reveals what it really takes to make a career as a comedy writer, the real story of how ‘The Daily Show’ switched hands from Craig Kilborn to Jon Stewart; what a warm-up comic stomachs; just how different it is to write for Bill Maher and Jon Stewart; how to survive pilot season; and the joy of taking your dog to work.’
- J.R. Havlan was recently a guest on ‘Point of Inquiry’, where he discusses satire in politics and American life.
- The sequel to Tim Carvell’s ‘Planet Tad’ will be released in September 2014, and is called ‘Return to Planet Tad’.
Friends of the Show
- Conan O’Brien and Steve Carell star in Louis C.K.’s 1998 directorial debut ‘Tomorrow Night’, which was screened at the Sundance Film Festival but was never picked up. The film is available for purchase on LouisCK.net.
- The Tweet of God aka David Javerbaum was recently a guest on ‘Star Talk Radio with Neil deGrasse Tyson’ where he spoke about everything ‘from evolution and the fossil record to the Big Bang and the possibility of alien life.’
- Neil deGrasse Tyson talks to Parade Magazine about his passion for the laws of nature and how he wants to “transform how we think about science.”
- Neil deGrasse Tyson was recently a guest on ‘Moyers & Company’, where he spoke about ‘the nature of an expanding, accelerating universe (and how it might end), the difference between “dark energy” and “dark matter,” the concept of God in cosmology and why science matters.’
- Steve Carell talks to ‘Star Pulse’ about getting his daughter the perfect Christmas gift, and what he received from his wife Nancy Walls.