If you are interested in becoming a Colbert News Hub staff member please email me at: colbertnewshub[at]gmail.com
In you email please include which position(s) you are interested, and if you have had any previous experience(s) in working on a blog or website. As some posts can become quite time-consuming at times depending on what is happening in the media, please let us know if you would be more comfortable working with a partner or tag-teaming a post.
If you have any other special skills or interest areas such as; music, movies, religion, sport, politics etc. or any other interest area that you can relate to the content of show and/or any ideas you might have of how we can incorporate it into the blog, please let us know.
Please remember that as this site is maintained by volunteer staff, we are unable to compensate you for your contributions.
**Note: Comprehensive guides and templates will be provided for each staff member.
What do we need help with?
- Must have theoretical and practical experience working with and designing websites
- Have a working knowledge of how to install new themes and modify CSS and HTML
- Ensure the proper running and functioning of the site, and respond to any errors or issues that may arise
- Provide help and support for any related social media sites
- Advise the Webmaster on ways to help improve the speed and functionality of the site
- Sign-on to the staff ‘Episode Guide Roster’ noting down which night(s) you will cover, or if you are unavailable to cover a show that week
- Schedule each episode guide post for 10PM the night of the show to be covered, ensuring that the basic information is completed in the itinerary
- Staff are encourage to develop their own style of episode guide, which can include personal commentary, quotes, polls and/or screen caps
Better Know a Guest
- Create a short but comprehensive biography of each week’s guests on both The Colbert Report and The Daily Show
- Information should relate to the guests experience and education in their field
- Media relating to the item which they will be promoting on the show
- Included in each post should be the guests name, the date and day of their appearance, a small ID photo of the guest, links to any previous appearances on either The Colbert Report or The Daily Show and any other items listed in the template relevant to that nights guest
In the Media
- Maintain a regular round-up post of secondary news and media relating to Stephen Colbert and The Colbert Report
- Noteworthy pieces on Jon Stewart, The Daily Show, Amy Sedaris and Paul Dinello may also be included
- A weekly to fortnightly post covering all of the events, appearances, interviews, performances etc. by those associated with The Colbert Report, The Daily Show, Strangers with Candy, Exit 57 and Friends of the Show
This Week in the Hub
- A weekly or fortnightly round-up featuring categorised links to each of the previous week’s posts posted on the site
- Links and shared information from associated social media accounts also to be included
- Host a semi-regular post connecting international members, and giving them a platform to display and discuss the foreign media’s reaction and commentary to Stephen Colbert, The Colbert Report, and Jon Stewart and The Daily Show
- A weekly post comparing and analysing common coverage between The Daily Show and The Colbert Report and the way(s) in which they break down and present the material
- You must be a regular viewer of both The Colbert Report and The Daily Show to apply for this position
- Help us locate and organise appropriate material to be included in our archives – audiobooks, books, downloads, interviews, magazines, podcasts, radio
If you have any questions or would like more information please don’t hesitate to ask.